Thursday, April 20, 2017

6 weeks down!

April 10, 2017


So I made it through one whole transfer - 6 weeks in the mission field! I don't feel a whole lot wiser, but hopefully that will come with time! (Sister Anderson and I celebrated by trying BOILED Peanuts for our first time! I guess it's a Southern thing! They didn't even taste like peanuts, they tasted like salty beans, it was so weird! ) And everything changed in the zone this transfer, too, so I have to learn all the new leaders' names in the Zone! This Tuesday is Zone Meeting, where they will all present a training on how we can improve our finding and teaching skills, so I will get to meet them all then!

This week we have been contacting a lot of former investigators to see if they would be interested in learning about the gospel again. We were actually able to meet with one guy, too - Abel, who recognizes there are inconsistencies in the Bible and is willing to read the Book of Mormon and even come to church! He really has a lot of potential, I think. He says that he has a problem with "blind faith," though - like believing without proof, so we may have to work on that with him! The really cool thing is that faith isn't blind just because we can't see it - we know it is true because we have personally felt a witness from the God of all and seen the way it can bless our lives as a source of peace and comfort and joy through the fulness of Heavenly Father's plan for each of us! And as we act on that faith by living the gospel, the faith grows and we know!

It kind of reminds me of one of the conversations we had with a apologetics door contact this week. Apparently, he used to be Atheist, but since he discovered evidence that Jesus Christ lived, he had to be saved...he kept on asking us how we can believe in the Book of Mormon or any of our doctrine without seeing physical proof! I couldn't believe it! Because that is NOT the way faith works, bud...I wanted so bad to tell him that we walk by FAITH, not by sight! That is how we come to know God - by believing in Him and then seeking to follow Him and live in His ways! There are no shortcuts, no proof because God wants us to learn for ourselves! It just confirms to me how important it is for us to have a firm and growing testimony built upon our faith in Jesus Christ.

Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all! I will report on our investigators next week - I am excited to start teaching two new people this week!

Sister Lauralee Yount
Georgia Peach 2


No comments:

Post a Comment