Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stormy Georgian Weather

March 27, 2017



This week has been a crazy one - a lot happened, and I'm not sure how to cover it all, but I will try my best! It has been really busy, and missionary work has been moving forward. In particular, we have been able to see a lot of the less-active families that usually aren't home or don't really talk long with us.

In one such family - a part-member family, actually, the mom let us in and we were able to talk with her about the trials that God gives us. We may not always understand why, but we just can't question: we must be believing and put our faith and trust in God, that He will heal us and we will be able to move forward with peace and joy. She shared some of the trials her family has been through lately, and my companion and I were glad to be there to help her get it out and assure her that Heavenly Father is aware of this trial, and He knows what they are going through! It was really a miracle to be there, and to comfort and testify of the Plan of Salvation, which ended up also being something I would need later in the week.

Not one day later, a big storm rolled in on Tuesday night, which is crazy since it had been a perfectly sunny, warm and calm day! Nonetheless, around 8:00 that night, we started to hear thunder and wind at our dinner appointment. We quickly said our goodbyes, and RAN out to our car in the pouring rain. They bid us farewell and a safe drive home, and we went on our way. I could not BELIEVE how hard that rain was coming down, not to mention the thunder vibrations and gusting wind or the lightning forking through the sky all around us. We were very grateful when we made it safely home. And looking back on it now - it really was a miracle. I could feel God's protection that night, almost as if we drove in a bubble that night as the storm raged all around us.

Come to find out, not all were so lucky. A member of the branch - a young dad - was killed when a huge tree was uprooted and fell through the house on top of him. I couldn't believe it - why, how could that happen??? The whole branch was in shock, Sister Anderson and I were too. And yet, it had happened. It was sooo sad. I am so grateful to know about God's Plan of Salvation. We can see those we have lost again as eternal families, and we know they are happy now in their new calling as missionaries. It definitely mirrored the experience from earlier this week. We may not always know what to expect from this, life or what God plans for us. We simply trust in Him and have the faith to follow His plan for us. That was what brougt me peace this week, amidst all the grief. I know that God is aware of all we may be going through, and Jesus Christ has felt. That is why this gospel is for everyone!

I continue to pray for that family and the faith that we all must exercise  to rely more on our Savior and His Atonement in our everyday lives. This week has definitely been a testimony-builder to trust in God and His plan for us. He is aware of what we are going through and provides for our needs when we trust Him. He has clothed the grass of the field and so He will clothe us. What a miracle is His great love for us!

Love you all! I look forward to this next week and the experiences that will bring! I continue to improve in my faith and in teaching all the time and look forward to sharing the gospel, even when people may not be ready to hear it. I know there are those prepared waiting! Sister Anderson and I continue to knock on doors and improve together in our teaching together. Transfers are in  a week, and I really hope to stay here in Braselton and strengthen the branch here, but I guess we will see! 
Sister Lauralee Yount

Georgia Peach 2

No comments:

Post a Comment